My 3 year old daughter has been potty trained for nearly a year and was night trained as well. She suddenly went from being dry every night to wetting her bed anywhere between 1-3 times a night. I would try to put her in a pull-up (the laundry alone is awful), but she gets very upset saying they are for 'babies'. I thought at first perhaps it was a growth spurt, but now it's been about a month that she's been wetting. Any suggestions or ideas?

onegirlkid

Asked by onegirlkid at 12:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What's going on in her world? What changes have taken place? Lots of kids esp. preschoolers react by reverting to former behaviors. Is there a new baby? New school? new babysitter> new job? Who has access to your child? Rule out sexual abuse. I know it's hard to think about but that can be a classic sign of abuse as well. Do a little detective work. If no abuse she's feeling stressed about something. Reassure and let her know she's safe.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I agree with the other poster.
    Anonymous

• Agree with the top post, but also take her to the DR to rule out a UTI or bladder infection.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 1:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• These are all very smart mommy's that have posted to your question =) Another suggestion is to watch her fluid intake late in the evening and what she is drinking.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The above posts are great. The only other thing I would as, is take her to the Dr. to rule out any health problems. (Such as a UTI, as mentioned above)
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 3:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• have you taken her to the doctor and had her checked for a bladder infection? my oldest daughter started wetting suddenly out of hte blue for no reason after she'd been trained for a while and it turned out she had an infection. she also refused to wear diapers again, and was MORTIFIED about doing so. little girls can get bladder infections, so i'd take her to the doctor and have her checked....
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 4:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• They make these mattress guards that she can sleep on where you can reduce your laundry load. My hubs' son was a bed wetter and every nite we had that problem. Dr said to stop fluids after 7 pm and especially no milk (I don't know why but that was a while back). Good luck
    allord

Answer by allord at 8:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Thanks for all the suggestions! I hadn't even thought of some of them. I appreciate the help.
    onegirlkid

Answer by onegirlkid at 6:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2008