Trying to wean my baby down from breastfeeding. She is almost 8 months and I'm completely at a loss for ideas.

amyo196

Asked by amyo196 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Take out one bf session a day. If you normall bf 6 times a day, only bf 5. Do that for a few days, or a couple weeks, depending how fast you want to wean. After a period of time, take out another bf session. Save bedtime for last, naptime for 2nd last, morning for 3rd last, if baby's not waking up during the night to bf.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Just give it some time and patience, she'll wean when she is ready! You'll be so happy you stuck with it. Good job making it this far though!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Unfortunately, Mom led weaning is one of the hardest things to do. It is going to be tough for the both of you for a while. I agree with cutting out one feeding (and since she is under 12 mos, replacing it with formula) per week. Not to pry, but do you mind if I ask why you are weaning now?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009