I have 12 month baby boy, he suddenly had a fever all night long. I took him to the ped n he does NT have a ear or throat infection . the doctor said he was fine but my son will not stop crying and being very cranky can anyone help me out?

girl0233

Asked by girl0233 at 3:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• fevers are common with teething, may try tylenol and orajel for relief.
    cuddles and lullibies. ; )
    JDK1973

Answer by JDK1973 at 4:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2012

• Make sure you are giving Motrin and Tylenol at eight and four hour intervals.  Motrin and Tylenol work differently in the body so both can be given, Motrin every eight hours, Tylenol every four.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2012

• Remember, only 1,000 lifetime doses of tylenol!
    If he is still nursing, let him nurse as much as he wants; the breast is for comfort as well as nutrition. No motrin on an empty stomach. give him water to help him stay hydrated. If you think that he is teething, get hylands teething tabs

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2012

• yeah it could be his 12mth molars if he doesnt already have them, and they can be nasty, motrin helps more for teething as its an anti inflamatory, you can try the infant orajel or teething tablets, they worked well for my daughter, good luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2012

• Give motrin.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2012

• Get you some of those all natural teething drops. They are wonderful, and I think Walmart carries them now. He is probably teething!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2012

• Different perspective then the others answers but my son is 15 1/2 months and he started running a fever Friday night and by Sunday it was really high and he was lethargic so we went to the ER per docs orders. He was slightly dehydrated despite nursing and drinking water. He was admitted overnight with an IV for fluids. Tons of tests came back fine it is just a nasty virus that is going around. Keep an eye on him and check his temp often. My sons went up pretty fast. He is much better today and no fever since Monday night. I don't give Motrin because my daughter couldn't take it and my son has tons of allergies so I haven't tried it with him. My cousin swears by the alternating of the two for her kids. Good luck mama!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 10:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2012