Do you wash your private area?

I've noticed quite a few moms said they only wash the outside of their vaginas and that washing inside causes infections.I think that's wierd(no offense to anyone).I have been washing inside of mine all of my life(well for as long as I've been washing myself) and I have never gotten an infection.I just don't feel clean unless I do.Am I the only one who does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• Well I dont wash the inside. It is a self cleaning piece of plumbing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i wash inside and dont have any problems, but i have known people who get big time infections from it
    allensavannahs

Answer by allensavannahs at 1:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• No wonder all these women are smelly, and gross and suffer from this infection or that infection...since they DONT wash down there...just because its "self Cleaning" deosnt mean you ignore it and not clean it with some water. GROSSS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't actually wash :inside: like douche, but I wash inside the folds of skin. make sense?
    Anonymous

• I wash it ALL inside outside and everything in between, IMO I think its gross not to
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I wash in the folds of my labia, but not "inside"inside like in my vagina (douche). The outer area needs to be cleaned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I wash but I dont douche. I got a severe uterine and fallopian tube infection that the docs said was frm douching...it flushes dirt and bacteria up inside your usually germ-free uterus. The pain was unreal. I had to go to the hospital and miss several days of work.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• A doctor will tell you (and you can google health websites) that it is unhealthy to clean inside your vagina. Obviously you want to wash the outside and the folds of skin, but not actually inside. It can upset your ph balance and lead to infections.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• According to www.medicinenet.com

Most doctors say that it is best to let your vagina clean itself. The vagina cleans itself naturally by producing mucous. Women do not need to douche to wash away blood, semen, or vaginal discharge. The vagina gets rid of it alone. Also, it is important to note that even healthy, clean vaginas may have a mild odor. Regular washing with warm water and mild soap during baths and showers will keep the outside of the vagina clean and healthy.

http://www.cwhn.ca/resources/faq/vagina.html:

Your vagina is a self-cleaning organ and has its own protective substances. The safest and best way to clean your vagina is to let it clean itself.

Wash your vulva (the entrance to your vagina) daily with warm water. Avoid using scented soaps. Some women find that using any soap at all can be irritating.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'v washed the folds and all never dushed or anything like that. And i found that it does cause me to get an infection when I clean the inside of the folds. But because of how I whipe when I go to the bathroom, i pretty much have to clean the inside of the folds.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 2:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2009