who here had pre eclampsia?

what symptoms did you get?

ive been swelling BAD where it doesnt go down even over night and it leaves indents about 3/4 of an in deep and stays that way for a while or until i push it back to normal.

just today i started getting dizzy and light headed at work and it got worse at home and i also got a MAJOR headache where it hurt to even open my eyes. and ive been suddenly getting a sick feeling the past few days no throwing up but to the point where i dont even want to move.

my dr knows about the swelling and took a urine sample last appt to check for protein in it. i find out on mon (my next appt)

but i just started getting those other symptoms in the past few days...

i think im just nervous to find out the results i kind of feel like it may be that.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh and swelling is from just above my knees down to my toes. my arms and hands as well. a little in my face but not much.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I had it.I had those symptoms you just named and high blood pressure.It was really bad.Luckily,I was already 38 weeks,so they just did an emergency c-section.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• oh but when he checked my BP before it was normal.
    i know it can fluctuate though throughout the day but yeah BP was normal at the time he took it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Hi"

My cousing had eclamsia, and it is not pretty, so I am not going to gross you out, but it NEEDS your doctors attention. He should have gotten back to you ASAP, not waiting a whole weekend, even thoug you are only 36 weeks, he should be more attentive to this, is no joke. Also when are you going to stop working if you are feeling that bad? Also the headache is not good. Please call, bug him as much as you need, you should be in bed with the proper meds so you don't have any complications, please. My cousing wasn't so lucky with the baby...
    Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 9:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I had preeclampsia- I was fine at 36 weeks, and at my 37 week checkup, I had protein in urine, very high BP. I was sent to the hospital immediately, where my liver and kidneys were starting to shut down. I was induced unsuccessfully and had a cesction the next day. Looking back, I had swollen about 3-4 weeks earlier (10 pounds in 2 weeks of fluid- although it was also summer), I had very severe back pain- mid back- which was probably my liver, and 4 days previously had felt light headed and ill- should have had my BP checked then! it's very common, but also very serious. It took about 3 weeks for my BP to sort of come back to normal. If you have any doubts, get a BP check at the local drugstore, and if it's high (140/90+) call the doctor or go to the ER!!!!!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009