Do any of your insurance companies pay for formula?

Just wondering if we're the only lucky ones here. If you haven't checked...DO SO! All we needed was her Pediatritian to write a script for the formula, fax or call it in to Medco, and the formula was shipped to us. We pay the co-pay, which is LESS than 3 cans of the Similac Isomil that she uses. AND the cans were bigger. Just a tip for you ladies...every bit helps! Good Luck and enjoy those babies!

Lillysmomma1024

Asked by Lillysmomma1024 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our insurance pays for all my son's formula, which is great it saves us TONS of money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Wow. What a HORRIBLE way to promote breastfeeding. More government programs buying crap-in-a-can for babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• never even checked
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 3:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Worth checking into, I guess...but it doesn't always work. A friend of mine had to have a VERY expensive special formula for her son due to SEVERE food allergies (he's about 5 and just now getting to a semi-balanced diet...severe) She had to FIGHT for her insurance company to pay for even ONE can even though she had to have it for actual medical reasons!!!

And as for anon3:00's "crap-in-a-can" comment....that 'CRAP' you call it saves lives of infants every single damn day so take your "holier than thou" attitude and stuff it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Oh anon 300, shadup!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

SHUT UP! Nobody asked you a darn thing on BFing!

No my insurane company wouldn't pay for it. When I wanted to bf they wouldn't help pay for a pump either.
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 9:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• BITE ME! You know what? I'm PROUD that I care enough to feed my daughter formula. I at least have the guts to do it without going annon!!!! I don't care what all you lactivitsts think. Sorry, my daughter is HEALTHY, HAPPY, and THAT my dears is what best for MY baby!!!! I didn't ask what kind of crap you could throw at me for NOT breastfeeding. I posted this to give other moms a heads up on something they may not have known about. If it hadn't been for another mom at my husbands work, I wouldn't have known, and with the economy the way it is, we would be in a LOT of trouble paying for her formula. So Piss Off to those that don't like it. At least I'm not shoving my opinion down other's throats!!!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Why do people bitch so much about formula vs BF? Who the hell cares as long as the child is getting fed!!! And apparently it works just fine because I like MILLIONS have used it my kids are healthy!
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 1:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have this thing called WIC.. And it pays for Milk, eggs, juice, cheese, peanut butter, and I get coupons for formula.. And I don't have to pay anything.. The state pays for it.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009