Is there a way to get rid of a UTI at home instead of going to a D** doctor? I'v tried juice. Its bad to the point to where it burns. Could it be a yeast infection? i have a lot of discharge too. No white stuff though. Oh and a funny smell.

russian-mommy

Asked by russian-mommy at 2:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• Remember that antibiotics can bring on yeast infections....always does to me, so I prevent that by bulking up my yogurt intake. Eat lots of yogurt, frozen yogurt or drink yo-J. That always helps clear a yeast infection...or prevent it. Don't be like my sister tho: She had a yeast infection and wanted a natural way to cure it. I told her "Yogurt - it's great for clearing it up." She was like "plain or flavored?" I said "whatever you prefer". Well, it didn't work....and I found out why! She put the yogurt ON HER VA-JAY-JAY!!! OMG! I still almost pee my pants laughing at her for that one! She told me what she did and I said "NO!!!! YOU EAT it!" UGH!! Some peoples kids!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I mean there is a funny smell **** I'm afraid that everyone else can smell it cause I can. And what can i do to get rid of the smell for tomarrow? I have a friend's B-day party to go to and I dont want to smell all funny. Dont get me wrong. I take showers and such. I know its not from the lack of a shower. So any ideas? thanks mamas!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 2:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It may be more than a UTI, so you really should go into the doctor,....

Other than that, frequent urination, drink LOTS of fluids, especially ones that are highly acidic. Try taking a cranberry pill instead of the juice.

Other than that...the discharge + smell makes me say that you really need to be seen by a doctor.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• GO to the doctor. Cranberry pills, juice, etc are not going to help if it's bacterial...you'll need antibiotics. Do it before it gets to your kidneys and you're in tremendous pain.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• First if your insurance has a tel a nurse number call that, if not then see a doctor. It sounds alot like a yeast infection. It can become more serious if left untreated. You could always ask your pharmacist if you feel comfortable with that. You need treatment. Please take good care of yourself. Drinking cranberry juice will help. Take care and let us know how you make out...
    mrssniffles

Answer by mrssniffles at 7:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Thanks ladies. From the sounds of it, i need a doctor. So i'll see what he/she says about home remodies. thanks mamas!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 10:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2009