what do you do for some time alone when you have 3 teenage sons living with you and their dad and never go with their mom?

they say we should go somewhere or I should go, but why do I have to leave my house?? my husband doesnt push the issue he says they have no where to go, well they could go with their mother??

stpmmof3tnagebz

Asked by stpmmof3tnagebz at 2:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I had two sons at home and here's how I handled it... may not work for you... but hey. I would announce that next Saturday Dad and I need some alone time. We've decided to have a stay at home date.... no kids allowed. You must make plans to stay overnight with a friend, and the friends parents must agree and your dad and I must approve as well.................. it always worked. Of course ours was a little older and I had husband's full support.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When we had our three teen-agers living in the house with us, we used the lock on our bedroom door. We had a t.v. in there, and sometimes we even watched it. Our house was pretty small, and we could always be alone if we chose to be. It never occurred to me that I should send them away. In fact, most of the time, there were more than the three because all their friends came to our house.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I guess it depends on what alone time you want. We have a tv in our room and go there to get alone. It's comfortable on the bed watching a movie or basketball game. We'll take dinner and wine and have a picnic. Shut the door and instant retreat. If you want alone alone time, I agree with the other mom, tell the kids Saturday night to plan on staying at a friends house. Or for a real get away, you and hubby get up early on Saturday, go to breakfast, take a leisurly day trip somewhere, grab dinner and get a room.
    texaschick65

Answer by texaschick65 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2009