Toddler bed...

My daughter is 14 months old, I got her switched into her toddler bed. She lays right down and goes to sleep without even needing to be cuddled! (although, I try to cuddle with her :p ) People keep telling me that she is too young. HOw old was your toddler when he/she switched?

kaysmomma121110

Asked by kaysmomma121110 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids are 19 months apart so I had to get my daughter out of the crib before my son was born. We started her at about 16 months to give us a 3 month leeway incase we had problems. She took to it really great and never wanted to go back to the crib.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• we never wasted our money on toddler beds we went to a twin with both our boys and they were around 16 months old when they made the transition
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• Ours is WAY past due. He's almost 2 and a half and we're switching him now. Our biggest fear is of him getting up in the middle of the night and wandering the house. We thought about baby gates, but we're worried he'll just climb over them. We talked about putting up two gate so he can't climb them, but then my 6 year old can't get out of their room to use the bathroom when he needs to. We've put it off forever because of these issues, but I'm forcing DH to realize now that we HAVE to get him a big boy bed NOW! LOL
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• My kids were around 2 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• mlmkjw - I don't think 2 1/2 is way past due. My youngest was 3. He was happy in there. I was in no rush.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• I do not think she is too young. It just depends on the child and how they react to it. You as a parent know your child and if you thought she was ready good for you for going with it. Obviously she is doing good. Mine were closer to3 and the other was 2 i thinks
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 1:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• kids develop at different rates. if it works for her, she isn't too young. another child who is the same age may be too young.
    zetajen

Answer by zetajen at 1:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• with my oldest I couldn't wait for new milestones lol. I switched her at 11 months old and she went right too it. With my second baby I switched her at 14 months she didn't take to it to well took me 3 days of laying with her then she started to sleep in it. I now have a 6 month old and she is my baby so I think I might wait a little longer with her lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2012

• I always switched my kids straight to a twin/full size bed around 2.

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2012