• In the Spotlight:

What are some of your favorite kids books for about age 4?

My son loves "The Monster at the End of This Book" and all Dr. Seuss books. What do your kids like?

MBsMom2004

Asked by MBsMom2004 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You might also try SkippyJon Jones, they are cute, creative and funny...my son still loves them and he's 7! Some of the later versions come with an audio CD where the author reads the book, which can be a nice break when the little ones want you to read it again, and again.... lol.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I read "theres a monster at the end of this book" about 6 times (in a row) the first time my son got it.
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• All Dr. Seus, Margret Wise Brown is really good. She helps them fall asleep too. There is also a book called Fluffy and Baron. Its about a dog and a duck that becomes friends. All my boys will just about give any book a chance.
    acmjmom28

Answer by acmjmom28 at 5:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My 4 year old LOVES his science books. They're "vocabulary builder's" and have various levels. He's more interested in the level 2 because they give more information.

We also have a collection of "sight word" books and he absolutely loves those as well...he's getting a big kick out of reading by himself!!

(those are all from Scholastic...LOVE IT)

My three year old has a couple...a collection of Curious George phonic readers and Magic School Bus phonic readers. He carries them around in the little box, takes one out, "reads" it, then puts it back. (he tells the story by the pictures lol)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My kids love love love Berenstain Bears!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• We keep discovering new books every month. Right now, anything Arthur. Also loves the Froggy series (Froggy Plays T-Ball, Froggy's Day with Dad, etc...). I also sell children's books, so I'm always updating his library - right now he's on a pirate kick, so anything with Pirates. Some of his favorite topics have been sports (esp. baseball), space/astronauts, pirates, firefighters and the human body. He's explored some nature books and enjoyed them especially when followed by a trip to the park to keep talking about it. The list goes on and on and on...every trip to the library means new books to explore. Every time I open my catalog means new books to explore...
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My son loves, Go Dog Go! Dr. Seuss Book. He can read the beginning of the book by himself. He also loves SpiderMan, Franklin, How Does a Dinosaur Say Goodnight, and Thomas Books. Actually, he loves them all.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009