Do you think, since Obama is a smoker struggling to quit, he will make it easier/more affordable for the public to access smoking cessation programs and aide?

Nearly everything requires a prescription, or is so expensive people are scared to invest in it and not have it work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you are a smoker the line starts in your city on Main St just around the corner from the courthouse. Make sure you have all of your documents completed correctly, signed, and notorized and stapeled in a perfect horizontal manner. Use only black ink, and your legal full name. Wear only Obama authorized clothing and stand with your face in the direction of the East. When asked please take your number quickly and quietly and then go stand in the other line on the other side of the├é┬ácourthouse where you will be asked to provide your SS number, license and current voter card. You will then be stripped to the undies body cavity searched and put through a series of questions to determine why it is you need to quit and if you are worthy of the smoker's bailout package. You will be notified in Oct. 2011 whether or not you qualify for assistance and after voting in Nov. you may or may not receive benefits.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It's pretty easy to get now. I mean all you have to do is call a toll free #... Actually Bush inacted this like 6 yr.s ago...lol
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It's dependent on the state. My state, all they do is give you free phone counseling. That's pretty nice of Bush to do, great thought at least
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Everything will be wonderful when Obama is finally here... we will all quit our vices, the unicorns will return!!! Life will be beautiful....
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Anyone under the age of 45 who smokes is an IDIOT!!! You KNEW the risks, you KNEW the health problems that are associated with smoking, and you KNEW the cost of this disgusting habit, yet you CHOSE to do it anyway!!!

NOW, you need a smoking President to help you quit...and for FREE?!

Obama isn't going to fund ANY smoking cessation programs or give you a coupon/voucher to reduce the costs of such a program. In FACT he is going to RAISE the TAX on a pack of cigarettes about 60 CENTS, to fund some HEALTHCARE program!!! So you see, you never really get something for nothing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think a single PACK of cigarettes should cost at least $50...THAT will get people to stop smoking ON THEIR OWN, or better yet, never start!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I agree with a higher tax on cigarettes, alcohol, etc. I quit smoking cold turkey and I think that I was an idiot to begin in the first place. My sister's husband quit cold turkey as well after our uncle died of lung cancer so I know that it can be done. Many moms quit when they discover they are pregnant (I did) and it just boggles my mind when they decide to begin again. After I had my first child I began again and it was stupid. If you can go 8 months without a cigarette for the health of your child why can't you continue for the health of yourself? I doubt that he will implement any new programs and in many states there are toll free numbers where they offer counseling and free patches and many offer trials for studies of new products that you can join. The cheapest way to quit is to invest in bubble gum and butterscotch.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't think it should be paid for. I truly believe it's all will power. If you want to quit you will.

And other anon that is out of line to call someone an idiot.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't know..Did alcohol treatment programs become more readily available under Bush? He was a boozer and he looked like it, especially towards the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think the reason he looked more like a boozer toward the end is because he is a closet racist, and he had to hand the keys to his awesome house over to a man of color and his color family.
    I'm a smoker, I have quit numerous times cold turkey, it doesn't work for me. It has never worked for more than a year.
    Raising the price of a single pack of cigarettes to $50 would be one of the dumbest moves the government would ever make. CRIME would go rampant, because people would be holding up gas stations for cigarettes.
    And no, I don't think he will help anyone to quit smoking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2009