Need answers from Wicca friends please.

I hear there is a 'law of three' or something like that that says whatever you put out will come back to you threefold. (feel free to correct if I got that wrong). Anyhow, here's the question. Someone claims to be Wiccan, that person does something to his family (lets say took all their money and left them penniless plus abandoned their children).... now the family sees this as harm being done to them...but the Wiccan person doesn't see anything wrong with what they did. Does the law of 3 apply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It most certainly applies. Just because he declares his innocence doesn't make it so. The Rule of three is not something man can control. He is foolish for thinking that his proclamation will change his fate.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes, it would apply. You are talking about the Wiccan Rede, which speaks of the law of three and stresses to harm none. This is much like karma, in the family does not need to do anything because the law of three will affect this person... and none of them (the family or the person who did this) will know when or where.
    I hope this helped answer your question.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It definately applies. It is called Karmic debt. This person has caused harm to another and will receive harm in return times three.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• So if the Wiccan person made a proclamation that he did not harm anyone... then that person is talking just to hear their head roar? I guess what I'm asking is ; if the Wiccan person believes they did no harm, when if fact they did, then their claims of innocence is not founded in the eyes of Karma?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Why would they claim innocence? What reason was the money taken? Not that there are good reasons for it just wondering for perspective
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Absolutely. The laws of Karma, and the Threefold law don't just apply when you think you've done something wrong. They apply when you have done something wrong (or right for that matter.) What you send out, comes back to you times three.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 2:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It would be like a person robbing a bank out of desparation. The robber may see it as necessary but it is still wrong and a karmic debt will be paid
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I believe it applies whether the person believes it does or not. In their heart of hearts I'm sure this person knows exactly how much harm they are causing even if they deny it. Most religions have a similar belief. It basically means that whatever you send out into the world, you get back. In my experience, I have found that the "3 times" means that it comes back on the all three levels: physical, mental and spiritual, and not that the person will (for example) literally lose $300 because they stole $100. So, if you do something in the physical world that harms someone, you may "pay" for it physically, but you also "pay" on a mental and spiritual level as well.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:52 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It will be interesting to see how that stolen money will only lead to trouble for that person
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:52 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Darn good point jessradtke
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2009