Ever since I had my 2nd baby on 07', I couldn't take care of my 10 month baby that much 4 a couple of months because my stitches would hurt like hell 4 a long time! After that, my toddler became attached to my mom more than me because she would take care of him when I'm hurting. Now, at 2 years and still, at night when he crys, he want my mom, not me. How do I get him to depend on me now?!

1porcelain

Asked by 1porcelain at 2:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• That same thing happened to me too (I replied to another question)
    Before I met my current boyfriend, I lived with my mom. She kinda took on the role of the second parent, because obviously at times, I needed help.
    My son used to be so attached to her. He would scream and cry when she would leave the house. And he always wanted grandma.
    Its really just one of those things that you have to give time. Eventually, he will see that you are the one there all the time now. It fixed itself with my son, I see no reason why it won't with you.
    D_mom05

Answer by D_mom05 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Time and patience. When he cries for her, just comfort him and love him. Hopefully, your mom is behind you in this and isn't encouraging him. For example, if he falls down and gets hurt or whatever and she's there and he goes crying to her, then she can hug him while saying something like "I know it hurts Sweetie - let's go find Mommy, I bet she can help make it better". That sort of stuff.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2009