For the BF mom's...

Does your boob ever hurt? My daughter is 5 months old and occasionally when I BF her it hurts intially but then is fine after a little while, actually only on one side. I've noticed lately that the same boob kinda hurts. Not all the time but it's like a sharp pain that only last for a few seconds but will come back shortly after it goes away. It usually starts right around my nipple and will shoot up.

Any one else ever experience anything like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like you have an infection. If you go to dr they can give you antibiotics. I had it so bad in both breasts I had to stop breast feeding.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i did when i breast fed i used something called a nipple guard when breast feeding it was a lifesaver idk what i would of done with out it my friend had the same problem and i told her about that and she said the same thing u can get it at babys r us
    tcecille

Answer by tcecille at 1:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I get sharp tingly feelings around my breasts and down to my nipple when my milk comes down. If you feel like something is wrong, go to the doctor.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008