is this bad swelling or no? PICS INSIDE!!!

this is just now.. the other night it was double this big!

does it look normal? or bad??

Before i had very thin legs and was a thin girl... if that helps at all.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you need to call your doctor.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• when are you due? pitting edema is NOT good. put your feet up higher than your hips and call the OB dept or your doc.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• so is that extreme??
    he knows about it and took urine to check for protein and i have an appt mon. hes checking for pre eclampsia i am assuming, but today they feel horrible like every step i take they are going to rip open and it feels un-steardy when i take a step like they are so swollen that the bottom of my foot is more round now instead of being flat.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• im 36 weeks as of yesterday (friday)
    im due in 4 weeks.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:14 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I didnt swell up like that until after I had my son
    InfectiousSmile

Answer by InfectiousSmile at 3:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I swelled up like that really bad too before my daughter was due. After I had her,I peed so much! I used to work everyday till i had her and my feet were so swollen.at night I kicked up my feet and it went down. youshould wait till you talk to your doc! I feel for you girl! Muxh love and take it easy!

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 3:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• even when i do prop my feet up over night its still just as bad in the morning :(

im even changing shifts so i dont have to walk much at work because i walk there its sooo close literally like takes 7 min to walk there but they get worse after walking to work.
    they tingle right now too. thats why im up still they are aching i cant fall asleep
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• thats not quite as bad as what i had for swelling but it is something to definatly tell ur doc about, i got stretch marks on my ankles from swelling...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have the swelling but not the pain. I guess that's the thing that would worry me about it. drink TONS of water to help flush it. That works for me.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If you are on your feet a lot work or whatever that might me some of the reason you aare so swollen. I am thin and I was like that dr didnt say anything to me with my first baby although I didn't ask either. I gained a lot and I mean a lot of water with my second, but I worked a 12 hour job. With my second I didn't work and didn't gain that much water. I was 120 before having my first and I was 185 by the time I delivered. My sister on the other hand is 5'2 or5'3 and was 105 pounds verythin she was a little bigger than that. She works all the time. The dr looked at her anckles but really didn't say much. Her ankles were so big so had marks from her socks and her shoes hurt her feet.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2009