I know your supposed to take it one day at a time, but how do you get through the rough lonely nights falling asleep in your bed without your husband? He will only be gone a few months, but its awfully depressing.

We've been together for a year and a half are very much in love, we have a beautiful baby boy, but the economy SUCKS as we all know so he had to move in with his brother and me with my parents until we have saved up enough money to get a nicer place than what we previously had. So now I am with out him....

saralizzybeth

Asked by saralizzybeth at 1:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I fought these feelings when my hubby informed me that he would start working nights and I had a two week old baby! I WISH I had the computer and Cafemom that you have, today. This is a huge resource of encouragement and frienships!!
    Then, I went to the library every Saturday and checked out a two week supply of books that I would enjoy reading, which helped me fall asleep. I would add a cup of warm, lemon tea and rise early to start my new day so I could get through the next one =)
    It is so nice that young couples now have cell phones, text and computers! Then we only had land line phones!! LOL Maybe invite a girlfriend to stay with you? or a sister? I also found being involved in a church group of craft group helped, too.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• How come you guys couldn't move together?
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try being a military wife, going without your husband for 6-16 months at a time. Not knowing if he is dead, is he going to make it home. Think about the fact that your husband is just working and not at war. That should get you through the night. At least you know that he is preparing for a better life for you guys and not defending a whole country.
    Anonymous

• Can you talk with him or email him before you fall asleep so he is the last thing you think of? We can't change that they are gone for a while but we possibly change how we think while they are gone. he's doing this for you, to be able to provide you with a home that you want, together. It won't take long. use a calendar and count down the days or sleep in one of his shirts with a picture next to the night stand. Make it be like when you were dating and had to wait to see him again. It's rough now but will go by quickly and have lots of sex when you do see him!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• just be glad he isn't deployed......that is hard to deal with ....my hubby has been gone for 9months and i can say i rather be in different houses where i can call him and go visit hiim than to some place overseas in a war wondering if he is ok

meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2008