Why cant I sleep. Help

I cant sleep I have 3 kids that wake up at 7:30 every morning it is now 4:10am and I have not been to sleep I do this every night then I finally get to sleep about 5 and I am SOO tired through the day. I have tried takeing tylenol pm and other things to help but I only sleep for 1-2 hours and then I am awake again. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol. Maybe you have too much going on in your head at once. I know that's the problem for me..its already 2:45am my time and I'm wide awake like if its the middle of the day. Maybe you should see your doctor and let him/her know that your having a hard time relaxing and your losing sleep over it. He/she will probably provide you with something to get some well deserved rest. Try to relax your mind (I know its easier said than done,trust me)
    Lauren1782

Answer by Lauren1782 at 5:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• There's usually an underlying issue as to why one can't sleep. It could be anything--diet, stress . . . Do you eat healthy? Do you smoke? Do you exercise for at least 20 mins daily? Do you cry regularly to relieve stress? Take a good look at your lifestyle--hopefully you can find an answer.

oh . . . chewing valarian root might help too :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Have no caffeine at all (it may take a couple weeks to clear your system) no cola, tea or coffee with caffeine, chocolate. Tylenol PM kept me awake, I'd suggest a single regular tylenol. I have the same problem from time to time, perhaps relaxing exericises. Here is one. Lie in bed comfortably, inhale and exhale slowly, as you inhale picture soothing air coming in, as you exhale picture tension and used air going out. Start with your toes and slowly relax each part of your body. Relax your toes, (pause), relax the soles of your feet (pause) relax the top of your feet (pause) - you see what I mean. This makes your mind focus and not be distracted by your worries and stress, and it also helps you relax physically. Keep the slow breathing. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009