Update-D & C or Expel Naturally

I want to let all of you know that I appreciate all your advice and kind support. My doctor told me today that he felt a D & C was the safest way to go. He feels I am far enough along that it would be more beneficial to make sure there is nothing left. I agreed. Thinking about it over the last 24 hours or so, I just don't believe I can watch this little creation pass piece by piece and just be flushed away. I am going to talk to the doctor about having it tested to see what caused the miscarriage. Maybe they'll learn something about why this keeps happening to me. I appreciate all the love and support I have received from Cafe Mom! I had to tell my girls today and they were so upset. They named her Madeli Belle and we are going to make her a special scrap book for her Ultra Sound pictures. So far, that has been the hardest thing about this whole experience. My babies hurting is almost more than I can stand.

MommyLove531

Asked by MommyLove531 at 4:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im sorry I know how having a D&C can be. I had one with my first loss, because i was in so much pain and the baby didn't want to pass on its own. The next one i had passed on its own in the toilet i was so upset when i saw my baby in the toilet i couldn;t flush it away that was mine and he or she was gone so i decided and put it in a container i know gross and weird i didn;t touch it then i put it in a box and burried in i was to hurt to flush my baby. GOOD LUCK AND IM sorry for your loss.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 5:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm very sorry for your loss. I wanted to wait until it passed naturally but I got an infection so we had a D & C in the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm so sorry about your loss. I have loss three. One D&C, one natural and on the third I tried using the pill they give you, it didn't work and I had to have another D&C. I personally will not try another one naturally again. Hopefully I will never have to go through it again. Take time to heal afterwards. You may feel fine but you don't want to overdo it, physically and emotionally.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm very sorry for your loss, its the hardest thing for a person to go through. I had to do my M/C naturally, they wouldn't do a D&C on me and sometimes I wish they would have. Just because I had to go through it all by myself at home, and I had to go to the E.R. 3 times so they could get some tissue out of me using forceps (TMI I know) I'm glad that the doctor is doing what he feels is best! In time after you grieve you will be able to try again! Best of wishes, I will keep you in my prayers!!
    Anonymous

• your a strong mama and you made the right choice for you
    i hope you are taking good care of yourself and you get lots of rest
    we will keep you and your family in our thoughts
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 4:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009