How can keep my bleached hair looking good

We have well water with iron and calcium etc, I think it leaves a residue on my hair, I want to get my hair bleached at a salon but want to keep it nice

lily_isabella

Asked by lily_isabella at 1:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Get a good clarifying shampoo and use it about once a week. It'll take the deposits off you hair.

If you don't want to do that, you can do an apple cider vinagar rinse once a week(8 parts water to 1 part acv).
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• quit bleaching
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• there's a treatment that redken using salons can do called "pre art" ask for it, then ask how often you should come in for the treatment to remove the deposits. There's water softening heads for the shower though, I'd check them out. then buy redken extreme shampoo and conditioner, Your hair will never be the same.
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner called Rose Hips. Its for colored/permed/dry/damaged hair. You use both in the shower and your hair will be easier to manage and wont come out all stringy.
    greenbaby08

Answer by greenbaby08 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2008