I just tried to invite a new friend and it kept telling me my post was too long. Why is there a limit on what you write. Thanks, Karen

I like to write 2-3 paragraphs on my "invites". I don't understand why the length is so short. I know before I accept an invitation I like to know more about the person and if there profile is private, I can't learn anything about them. Is there anyway that area can be enlarged?
Karen in Tx

Sassyscrapper

Asked by Sassyscrapper at 5:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• oh i know what you mean :(

i dont know why there is a limit on how much you want to write in your invitation. its the same with those answers here. some things simply requiere more than 1000 letters in an answer.

i have no idea why CM didnt change that yet, because almost every woman on here is complaining about it and im one of them D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I've asked a similar question TWICE and have yet to receive a response from cafemom. They answer other questions in this forum....why not this one?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean! I'm generaly long winded and can't fit everything I want to say in the space provided. I agree...how is the person you are inviting supposed to know about you if you can't include a complete message. Maybe this will be a time that cafemom either lets us know why or enlarges the capacity.
    nanawinq

Answer by nanawinq at 7:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Man I hate the limitations. Depending on the question being asked here....1000 characters isn't enough. I have seen people have 3-4 replies back to back where they had to divide their response. It is such a pain.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• And again....no answer.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• by CafeMom Team on Dec. 22, 2008 at 4:06 PM ... It's a fundamental limitation of the database software that we use, and we just can't go any higher...

This topic gets quite a bit of discussion and answers in other forums. They are aware of how much people hate the limits but feel that right now with the upgrades they are working on don't have time to do anything about it. If you take this to CafeMom Discussion you might be able to get a better explanation. Also, they are less likely to answer any questions on the weekends. I'm pretty sure most of the answers in this forum are automatic, based on keywords. I keep meaning to ask.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I WOULD HAVE TO GUESS...WHEN DESCRIBING OUR LIVES IT COULD LEAD TO FOREVER EXPLAINING I KIND A LIKE THE LIMIT BECAUSE WE CAN MAKE IT SHORT AND SWEET AND GET AN ANSWER JUST THE SAME...LIMITED. I FIND MYSELF TYPING AWAY NEXT THING YOU KNOW I HAVE EXCEEDED MY LIMIT SO THERE I GO BACKSPACING AND THAT SUCKS I HAVE GROWN TO GET USED TO IT. SO IF THEY DO CHANGE IT NO BIGGY.typing

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Thank you everyone for responding to my question.

Karen in Tx
    Sassyscrapper

Answer by Sassyscrapper at 11:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2009