mesh feeding bags?

i was suggested a product that was described as a mesh feeding bag that was on a ring, so the baby could hold it. i could put solid food into it, and the baby would chew and suck the food through the mesh, and whatever got through was safe for her (size wise). i also read this referred to in an answer for a teething question (putting frozen fruit into one). my question is what are they called (brand-names too please!) and where can i find them?

AudlyLuvly

Asked by AudlyLuvly at 5:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used one with Jackie a TON! especially out at restaurants. We got hers at walmart!
    bMastives

Answer by bMastives at 11:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• They have them at Walmart, at Babies R Us, at Target...they're everywhere.

They're also a pain in the butt to clean. I tried one...my boys hated it. I think it was the texture.

They're just mesh bags. You'll see them either with the pacifiers or bottles and feeding supplies.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I can't remember the name of it...but TiccledBlue is right, you can find them with the bottles and whatnot.

My oldest loved it, my youngest only when a slice of watermelon was in it. They are good for putting ice cubes in for a teething child.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 7:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• They are just called mesh feeders. I got one made by Munchkin. I could never get it open so it's never been used. They even sell them at my grocery store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i love the net! It has been one of the best purchases yet for my daugther. I put a soft apple slice in there, soft carrots or banannas in there for her and she loves it...she cries if you try to take it away. Mine is the munchkin brand and I got it at target i think. They have them at babies r us and walmart i know for sure as well and i think i only paid $9.00 for it. Refill nets come sold seperatly
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 8:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think the one I have is made by Sassy. I got it as a gift and have seen it at Babies R Us. My son doesn't really like it though. He'd much rather chew on the plastic ring than the food in the mesh bag!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Munchin (SP?) makes them.

I got it at WalMart, they are only like $2-$3.

My daughter likes them with Bananas and Pears and stuff like that.

They are hard to clean, but you can get the disposible mesh feeders also, with no cleaning required!
    MarlasMommy

Answer by MarlasMommy at 9:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2009