Your Name. (Pagan)

For those mom's who have magickal names, how did you choose it? Did you pick something you love, did you read it in a book, hear it in a dream, etc.

I am just curious, I have yet to find a magickal name for myself.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 7:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do have a magical name, when I was initiated as a preistess of a particular god I had to choose a name that was relevant to that particular god's mythological tradition. When I am not doing something specifically related to the rights of that god I tend to use words that describe me, like "seeker" or "powerful woman" etc., in the language of the tradition that inspired that particular rite if possible, rather than my name.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• im not pagan, and i dont pick magickal names, but i think that would be really fun to have one!
    iluvmytriniti

Answer by iluvmytriniti at 8:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• That would be like Catholics picking a Confirmation name. I wasn't being Confirmed but had to pick a name because it was an assignment in school. We were supposed to put a bunch of thought into it and pick a saint that had meaning to us. I waited until the last minute and picked the first name I liked, lol, which was Catherine. I don't even remember which saint it was but I got an A on the paper.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm pagan.. but I don't yet have a magical name. From the way I figure it, if I was meant to have one, it will come to me. I don't know how and I dont know when.. but the cosmos have a great way of revealing things to us when we're least expecting it. I am patiently waiting.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am pagan and I do not have one yet... I feel that one will come to me when it is time...
    I have tried creating one, but none seem to either fit or feel right so I wait for the Goddess to reveal it to me in time...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• There are a couple names that I feel very close to that I feel have called to me.
    I read that if you see it, dream it, hear it more than 3 times its meant to be yours.

I think if something specific pulls you, you will know it. It will fit and feel right.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• OH and I wanted to add too that some people never have one nor want one.

So if you never feel drawn to one,etc that is ok too.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• That is how I feel... if one never apeals to me think I am not going to worry over it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my name was hazel dove... when I use to follow wicca. I was really into studying numerology, and that along with a few other things got me my name. (however it should have been hazel hawk. but since it didn't fit into the numerology thing, my friend (who was a big help in learning wicca) choice dove for me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have a migickal name and it came to me while meditating about it just before my self-initiation. (I am a solitary eclectic, partly green, partly dianic.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009