Early labor drags on for a 4x mom?

I have been in early labor for 2 days...contractions only hurt more, don't get much closer together. 11-20 min apart. I am in so much pain, they even keep me from sleep, and last night when I finally did fall asleep they woke me up and made me cry...I would call my doc but I don't want to be sent home again...

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 7:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call..........they may beable to speed things up. Tell them how uncomfortable you are.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• ouch, I thought usually labor went faster the more kids you have. Guess you're the exception to the rule, me too, I only have one though, but I was only in labor for 4 hours with my little one and she's my first. Good Luck, hope you get that baby out soon!
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• How far along are you? if it's too early then you better go in and stop the labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• While is is true that moms with 3 or less children normally have speedier labors , once you become a grand multip momma (4 plus babies) it is really unpredictable ! I've been there , after my 5th child my labors actually had failure to progress while my labors before my 5th child were super fast (less than 3 hours each)
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am almost 38 weeks..
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 8:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I called and they said to wait til they are more consistant...WHAT??
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 11:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2009