Does anyone suffer from severe PMS ? PMDD?

The Dr. said that I have PMDD (Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder). And I have tried to control it without meds but it is so hard! The Dr. gave me zanex to only take during PMS. I don't like taking things like that. How do you deal with it? I fell like I could strangle somebody and my poor 3 year old gets the brunt of it because I stay home with her. Help!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• Yep I have it and got it after I had my tubes tied. Its been about 3 yrs. I take the meds the dr gives me and make a conscious realization the week or so before my period I am going to be extremely moody and in pain. I find no shame in taking meds. I also get horrible headaches and nausea so it is a very real condition and you should do what your dr says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I too suffer with what you are going through. My doctor also gave me xanax. It does help. Just the thought of my period every month has almost driven me to the thought of a hysterectomy. I am only 40, but if this is what it is going to be like for the next decade or so.....forget it....The anxiety over worrying about how bad it will be this month sends me over the edge. Anyone have any advice?
    motleygirl68

Answer by motleygirl68 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well I was diagnosed with PMDD before getting pregnant. THe doc noticed I didn't seem to have issues while pregnant or after while nursing so she suggested to not go back on hormonal birth control (I was on it when diagnosed) and to try some progesterone cream. Well it worked wonders for me and while I still get some of the physical symptoms (not near as bad as before) the emotioanl ones are sooooo much better now.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009