Hey Cali moms...did you SEE this??? & and could it happen to the rest of us!?

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- California's controller said Friday he will be forced to impose a 30-day delay on tax refunds and some other payments starting Feb. 1 if lawmakers fail to agree on a plan to erase a nearly $42 billion budget deficit.

That means the average folks may have to wait to get thier tax money back. You can bet your butt that if this was reversed therewould be no waiting on YOU to pay YOUR taxes! What do you Cali moms think? Does anyone else think this might spread to their state?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm a Cali Mom, yes I've heard of it and it's upsetting, feels illegal, immoral, and wrong. They've went almost a good part of a year not working on a budget and are spreading in into the next year, I'm amazed the Governor hasn't been run out of town, am amazed people have been quiet about all this, and am not surprised of their actions, just not happy.

I don't think this stupidity will spread to other states... because no other person I know and I know a lot that live in other states has had the problems California has had with budgets and such, they're not being poorly ran like our state is... I'll be it some of these states have poor leaders as well, but probably none that deprive workers of pay because they haven't done the budget and are now looking at withholding tax refunds on top of it.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Im not in CA anymore but I am a native born and raised. I left that state because they always seem to have issues of some sort, not to mention being such nannies. I hope it doesnt spread to the state I am in now. The economy is so bad though and with states like CA not paying their bills and spending on dumb things it isnt shocking. My aunt works for CA state and she has had so many problems with pay etc off and on in the past 20 yrs shes just leaving that job and retiring.

Answer by gemgem at 9:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• *SO* glad I live in NV where there is no s tate tax!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 9:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't live in CA anymore but my mom lives in Sacramento, it doesn't surprise me, she works for the State and they are being forced to lose 2 days a month pay because CA is so broke.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• CA is broke because of all the money they spend for their Sanctuary Cities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I honestly believe that so many governments need a group of REAL MOMS!! to run them. No non payment of bills, always on budget, everyone doing what they are supposed to do or they get the boot!!! This is PATHETIC and I bet we will be seeing more of it in the near future too. So sad what our world is coming to
    Dianne1259

Answer by Dianne1259 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• maybe if they didn't have so many illegals to give welfare and other benefits to they wouldn't have the problem. And it's not just California who has the problem with illegals, but they have it the worst and they have so many programs to help ILLEGALS that they can't take care of their LEGAL citizens!!! What's wrong with THAT PICTURE!!??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• No,it will not change our life
    . We have savings . We don't live our life every year waiting tax returns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am PISSED off!!! We were going to use this money as part of a down payment for a house. On the plus side, anyone who buys a home between Jan and July of 09 will get a $7000 tax credit.
    Dartania

Answer by Dartania at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2009