Are Internet relationships real relationships?

Have you ever had an internet relationship that is actually a relationship, even though you have never met.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• well i had in internet relationship and i'm actually still with the person that i met form the net we've been together for almost two years and we have a beautiful baby girl together but in the beginning of the relationship we've never even seen each other but we got through the hard part of the long distance relationship it was hard but it takes awhile to get through
    babigyrl

Answer by babigyrl at 1:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I don't believe in that. It's too scary nowadays. But that's just me.
    Anonymous

• I had one, we were actually "together" for nearly two years.
    Anonymous

• I met my husband online...we cyber dated for a few months before we met...
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 2:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i met my man playing pool games online and we decided to meet now we are very happily engaged.
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 2:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I actually met my husband online. We emailed and got to know each other for 3 months before we actually met, and then (he lived a couple hours away) we wrote and spoke on the phone for another 3 months before we went on our first date. 9 years later, we've now been married for 7 years this month and have two beautiful little girls.

I believe that Internet relationships can be real, though times have changed. There are a lot more people using online, so you have to be careful, but there's no reason you can't have a real relationship online.
    dimplz125

Answer by dimplz125 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I've been with my Cyber-husband for 12 yrs. Never met him in real life but he's as real to me as if we lived together except I don't have to cook, clean or pick up his dirty underwear! Woo Hoo! I love that kind of marriage!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I met a very very good friend on a Christian website. She came and visited my family for a few days and I did the same back in April. I totally think it is possible.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i had an internet relationship that developed all the way to marriage. we have been together nearly 13 years - married for almost three now, and we are very very happy. plus the story of the way we met makes a really really good story! :)
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 3:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i'm not sure what you mean by relationship but some of my best friends live in the net and i feel really close to them. i think its real.we email and chat on the phone and one day we'll meet, but its nto that important. what's important is them being there.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2008