How can i help my son get over his fear of the bathtub?

My 10 month old son always loved playing in water and espeically taking a bath! If he was fussy or sick, i would put him in the tub and he'd cheer right up but now he screams from the second we put him in until the moment we take him out. The only think i can think of that caused the fear was he fell and hit his eye and was bleeding while i was bathing him so panicing to get him out of the tub i quickly rinsed him with the shower. I have tryed everything i can think of to help him get over this fear, i bought a bubble machine to fill the rom with bubbles, i've gone in the tub with him everything but nothing is working. Has anyone gone through a similar experience with their child or have any suggestions?

MattysMommy143

Asked by MattysMommy143 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tryed putting him in the tub with out water. See if he freeks out then. Put his toys in the dry tub with him. See if it helps him get us to like the tub again.

Answer by louise2 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Gosh, I don't know. Sounds like the shower/ falling incident may have been the trigger.
    Might just try putting him in the sink and sponge bathing him for a week or so and see if he gets better.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 12:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Have you tried taking a bath with him? Maybe if you got in and he sat on your lap for a little he'd feel a little more secure.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009