has anyone had a wholistic experience at women and infants? I want to have a vbac but i also want an alternative and natural birthing experience. Is women and infants all a bright lights and impersonal experience ? I was told the alternative birthing center is closed and a vbac couldn't use it anyway...

kcat57

Asked by kcat57 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• by woman's and infants are you talking about hospital labor and delivery?
    I guess I am not fully understanding your question. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am assuming that is what women and infants is.....(hospital setting?) Well, I don't know if you will get what you call a Wholistic experience, but the moment your baby is born is such a transcendent moment that if you just focus on your baby and the joyfulness in your heart, it won't matter what the setting is. The birth is ultimately between mother and child....and nothing can get in the way of that unless you let it. The exception is when a mother needs an emergency c-section and is put under anesthesia, but aren't we grateful that is an option when the outcome is a healthy baby and mother? Birth is only the beginning of the journey. I hope it goes the way you want it to!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• have you looked into a homebirth with a midwife? and some birth centers DO allow vbacs, depending on the circumstances of your cesarean.

Also, look into a doula if you need to go to the hospital to give birth. She will help you out immensly and make sure your birth goes the way you want it to. You are less likely to have a beautiful birth experience at the hospital, especially if you are going VBAC. So a doula could help out.

Research all your options, join a natural birth group on here. Many of those women have had very amazing VBAC experiences. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009