naps

what are some good ways to get my two month old to nap in his crib? He sleeps there at night with no problem but as soon as the sun comes up he is up to!! He naps in his swing during the day or when i am holding him. i feel like he is still too young to let him cry it out but i am not sure how to transition him into his crib.

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• turn off the lights, close the curtains, make it as dark as possible...a two month old can cry it out for a few minutes, it wont hurt him. its pretty much about consistency. if you keep him in his crib everytime you want him to sleep and at the same time, hell associate the two together.
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am having the same problem with my 7 month old. He will sleep in the crib at night but will only sleep in the swing during the day. He refuses to sleep in his crib for naps. Its dark in there......so I wish I knew the answer so I will be interested in seeing other responces on this. You are not alone!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I always wrapped my shirt from the day before around the mattress or something that was stable in the crib. It smelled of me and kept the baby company. One of my kids would fight the crib if she wasn't ready to go down. I would play with her for an extra few minutes and bam! I'd practically have to wake the kid up to nurse her.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Maybe try a sleep positioner during nap times. You might get your little one to think he's being held during his nap. Maybe try some soft classical music?
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Try a mobile, My dd takes better naps because when she wakes up she's distracted by the toys until she falls asleep again. I'll catch her in there all the time looking at it, and then a minute later she's snoozing again.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If he's sleeping through the night, then try to make it as much like night-time as possible in his room at nap time. If he's not sleeping through the night yet, then I read when my son was little that it's best if bedtimes and naptimes are different so they'll get to know that night time is for sleeping longer, if that makes sense. Babies sleep so hard, though, that I don't think it's a huge problem to let him sleep somewhere else for naps. And it doesn't mean you'll have a hard time with gettng him to sleep in the crib later. I let my son nap on the living room floor when he was that age, and when he got down to two consistent naps a day he went in his crib, and we had no trouble with it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I love love love the velcro swaddle blankets!! My son sleeps thru the night and a bit better at nap time when i use it! it keeps him from wakin himself up with his arms! i swear this is what keeps him sleepn thru the night! the cant break out of them easily.
    lmack6882

Answer by lmack6882 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009