British Lotteries

Anyone know about these stupdi british lotteries that you get in email? I know they are probably a scam but how do I go about reporting them? I get at least 4 per week.

baby4at38

Asked by baby4at38 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would write "return to sender" and the make the sender pay for the return postage!! LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't know how to report but redirect them to spam or block them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Don't even open the email. This confirms that they have reached an active email address and you will get more scam & junk emails. Some scammers/spammers send junk emails to bulk email addresses and when they are opened, it confirms that the email is an active address, then they sell the address to others. If you don't know who emails are from, or if you know they are bulk/junk emails, delete them without opening them or mark as spam.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Most of the spam email from the UK is another spin on the Nigeria money scam.

They deposit money in your account, you send them most of it.

Their wire bounces in a couple of weeks, you owe the bank big time.....

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm not really sure that reporting them will do you any good, because they will just send them other another name. just block them, spam, etc. I know in the paper the other day, they are telling people about them, and trying to get them to stop, but yeah we know how that goes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2009