How do I control back talk, from my kids?

My oldest thinks she is mom tries to take orders. bossy,
I ask them to do something I get no, or they try to ignore.
How do I control this,

knappw

Asked by knappw at 11:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Every time I answer questions like this, moms get mad at ME!! I didn't allow this behavior from my kids. It starts w/ respect. That was taught at a very young age. YOU need to take control.. Show them who the parent is!! Teach them respect.. When they ask of YOU, ignore them.. Put YOUR foot down, and don't give in!!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i don't know why anyone would get mad you honeysugarmama(lol,cool name) considering i agree with you 100% so I won't add more.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I also agree with honeys_sugamama but would like to ask this: Do they have regular chores? Give Miss Bossy some work to do, and if she responds with,"No" , then the next time she needs a ride somewhere , or wants to have a friend spend the night, or wants new clothes or makeup, tell her NO, and remind her of her responsibilities . Sometimes they have to see what is expected of them in print, and if that is the case, make a chore chart and hang it on the fridge or the bulletin board, Make them initial their jobs after they complete them and then check their work. Kids at this age need creative outlets, so make sure their time gets filled with lots of constructive things to do.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Agree with others but you need to make her boundries very clear ....you are the Mommablom not her .... is she trying to boss you or other siblings? Does she see or hear someone bossing you and is she just imitating?Hope this helps
    shortcakemama2

Answer by shortcakemama2 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009