how can i hang a mirror that did not come with a frame or hooks

I bought an old mirror at a yardsale. It is small, weights about 2 lbs maybe less. I thought it would be easy to hang it up. I bought a hook that has a sticky back on it. After a month, the mirror fell off my wall. Does anyone have a solution and the exact name of the hook. I do not want to have answers like, "go to Walmart." I need the exact name of the hook or method you used. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My dad has had one hanging up for years like that. He bought 4 little plastic things you can screw in a wall that hold the mirror up. Here's a link to what they look like.
    http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-452-mirror-hanger/adjustable-mirror-holders-638348.aspx

You can find them in your local stores probably like Wal-Mart. Lowes etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• In hardware-type stores they have these hook shaped holders, about a half inch or so wide and long, that you hammer into the wall- about 2 for the bottom of the mirror and two for each side, maybe- that hold the mirror. I can't think how to describe them exactly. They look like square hooks, and they don't put a hole in the mirror but hold it instead.

Answer by Bmat at 11:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I got something like what anonymous is telling you about. They are holding a picture-window sized mirror on my wall and I've had no problems.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009