Sudden awful neck pain

I woke up this morning at 6. I was fine, I didnt really do anything, and all of a sudden I had killer neck pain. It is still there - I cant really move my head at all.
What can I do to make the pain go away ? I have taken tylenol twice today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like a crick in the neck . I would take Motrin instead of Tylenol. You could also try a hot shower. Stand in the warm water and let it run over your neck or try a heating pad.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Tylenol would help pain but not inflammation. For inflammation take an NSAiD such as aspirin, Aleve, etc. Heat might help, massage. Since you are in severe pain, and if you haven't had this before, especially, please get it checked. It is probably a muscle spasm, but it could be things like heart, break... like that.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Midol is great. I had that pain in my neck recently from sleeping the wrong way and couldn't turn my head. A midol helped alot. Its because it has Naproxen in it which is an anti-inflamatory and pain med.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009