anyone here live in jacksonville, Fl? if so do you love it there? what is the weather like? im looking for a fresh start for my kids and i

going through a divorce

justpeacht1984

Asked by justpeacht1984 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I live just outside of Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park); I moved here about 4-1/2 years ago to get a fresh start (I'm originally from Michigan). It was my intent to just be here for a couple of weeks to visit my daughter who is in the military because I hadn't seen her in about a year and a half. I liked it so much down here, there is no way I would go back to Michigan to live (even though most of my family is there). To visit, yes; to live, NEVER!

As far as the weather is concerned, it can get cold (coldest I remember being about 15 degrees); but for the most part, I'm fairly comfortable year round (being from Michigan, it take quite a bit for me to get cold). If it gets chilly (to me), a fleece pullover is usually enough for me.
    janicesky

Answer by janicesky at 8:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• In Jacksonville, if you don't like the weather - wait a minute. It can be extremely hot in the summer and that awful wet cold in winter. I've heard northerners say it feels colder here during the winter even though we don't get any snow. I think it is the humidity. I love it though. I am not a snow bird and don't understand how people can live with the snow.
    You need to be real careful what area you move to though. I live on the westside. You can find good neighborhoods but it seems like no matter what side of town you are on the bad neighborhoods are never far. Mine is OK, but go a block over and it can be rough. The school systems suck with the exception of maybe Middleburg and Mandarin. Almost nothing is within walking distance so be prepared to drive.
    KL03

Answer by KL03 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2010