transitioning from bassinet to crib

My 8 week old loves his bassinet and wont sleep in his crib. I tried doing just naps and he wakes up every 10-15 minutes. I put the pacifier in his mouth and he will go for another 10-15 minutes. How do I get him to sleep in his crib? he is getting too big for the bassinet and I have to go back to work. we both need the sleep!

hgmom0823

Asked by hgmom0823 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he still within the weight and height limits?
    At 8 weeks old, he should still be able to fit in a bassinet lol. Its soothing to him. Read the weight and height limits on the instructions or look it up on www.google.com before you make him move to crib. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Well, before I put my babies to bed I gave them a bath and a warm bottle. Then put them to bed.
    Anonymous

• If you have bumper pads for the crib, try re-tying them to make the space smaller, more bassinett sized. It may be that the "big" open space of the crib is too much for him.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try on of the sleep positioners to make him feel more enclosed. You can get a basic one that is really just two wedges that he sleeps in between to keep him on his back and help prevent SIDS. It worked for me and they are only about $10.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I always did a warm lavender bath, toasty bottle and take one of your worn shirts another something with your scent on it and lay that in there with him. I spread out one of my shirts nice and tight so my girls would think I was with them.
    allord

Answer by allord at 8:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• some may strongly disagree with me.....but this is all i could do to get my twins to sleep: take a blankey and roll it up length wise and then make an upside down U shape and cuddle your baby in it. Makes if feel like the womb or take two receiving blankets and tuck in beside him...almost like the wedges. They did this for one of my twins in the NICU to keep him comfy. as far as transitioning-- have him sleep with a few different blankets in his bass. and then use those in the crib; put an item of clothing that YOU wore that day in his crib; play piano music--or something soft to distract him and hel phim sleep. message me if you have any questions... :)
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2008