dna test.

so.. im 28 weeks pregnant and its coming quick. my ex bf thinks this is his baby and is wanting a dna test. and that is understandable bc i was with him but sleeping with my now bf around the time i got pregnant. but when should i bring up the testing to my dr. i know this little girl will be here sooner than i know it. and i know i will see her and know. i already know in my heart that its my now bfs baby. but they want the test to reasure themselves.

im going to the dr feb 6th and i avoided bringing it up last appointment but im running out of time. and i get emotional when these boys bring it up bc i already know. and she already has a family. and it just seems like it will create a huge mess somehow. we are going to love her no matter what anyways..

emily..ann

Asked by emily..ann at 12:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most docs will not perform DNA tests. my friend had a similiar situation and had to find a lab in her area to perform one. Whatever you do DO NOT use an online lab. some of them are scams. i would search for a lab in your area. Good luck! congrats on your baby girl.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 12:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i would ask your doctor about it he may know of a place for you to get a hold of just so you know it is going too cost a pretty penny per a person that you test my brother had the same thing happen and they told him he would have to pay out at least 600 if not more to have the test done but the girl jumped town before he could get it done
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 1:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well u care about both of them,because if you didn't u would not have slept with either one of them in the first place...just do the test to reasure yourself and them who the real daddy is,not to sound mean,but i think it is the right thing to do.
    2PRECIOUSBOYS28

Answer by 2PRECIOUSBOYS28 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• if the guy yor with now wants it done then id get it done.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I would definitely talk to the dr at your next visit. Even though you think you "know" - you may not. It's better to do it now than to wait. Talk to him at your next visit!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009