KKK?

I watched a documentary last night on the KKK and it really disturbed me. What disturbed me the most was that all the men, women and children involved were extremely religious and did prayers while burning the crosses, played the highest Christian song while burning them and honestly believe that what they are doing is right and in the name of "God." I was just wondering others thoughts on this.

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 12:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that this is an example of what happens when people have "beliefs" and not just ideas.Terrorists do not have to be foreign...often times they are in our backyards and we just don't know. It's amazing what people will do "in the name of God."
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• They have always been that way. YOu should watch MS burning. They actually show what the KKK used to be like and in the movie some give scriptures that support their ideas. I think its like any sect though. You can find quotes in the bible and take them out of context and use them for your own reasonings. I do know they are alive and well though where I live and in surrounding areas. They are for the most part underground now days but here recently we have seen a real uprising in the really racist bunches.

Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think that it's a personal opinion and how people were raised, I know alot of people don't feel that way b/c times have changed, but then again there is still alot of the KKK which actually goes by another name but I can't remember it. I kind of think people like that are demented myself. It's a bit crazy to think that but everyone has their own beliefs, just b/c I don't believe that way does'nt mean others don't either.
    Anonymous

• KKK is like any other fanatical group....they boil down to being nothing more then a bunch of uneducated bullies in my mind.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• These kind of people are not representatives of God or of true Christians. They are extremists who pick and choose out of Scripture or out of their own beliefs and take it to extremes. just like people who bomb abortion clinics and picket gay events with signs that say "God hates fags (or gays or homosexuals) God hates sin, not people. He loves everyone the same. I've seen documentaries like that too, and I am absolutely disgusted with people like that. God is intolerant of sin, but His love for people is immeasurable.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yup, they're kind of messed up in the head.

What really gets me is this --- think about it:

Jesus was born in the middle east.......Does ANYONE think he was a white guy?? LOL C'mon!!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Laura....maybe he's albino. ;-)
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 1:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'd say that is psychotic and yes. When you get that posessed with religion it does do that to you.
    Ever hear the story about the "cult" that starved their baby to death because he was a demon supposedly?
    They are NOT followers of God.
    They are cult like and extremely religious.
    I really hope you know that God's people ARE NOT like that.
    I am proof along with many others..
    They "think" in their psychotic, posessed minds they are doing "God's work" but God will make sure they go un punished in the end...
    They are doing satan's work, not God's.

Anonymous

• Laura1229.. lol that was a good one... honestly I hate the KKK, they are total extremest, and honestly need a good smack in their heads from their mamas. You should never raise a child to learn to hate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• The bible says jesus had dark, russet skin and he was of Jewish descent.
    Soooooooo.....Yea. lol
    Anonymous