For those professing to be Christian

Wondering how many others think about how to answer a question or just blurt out. How can we as a body best answer things so people dont get the wrong perspective of Christianity

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 1:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• With love. We cannot be judgemental. We need to answer questions to explain and educate not to try to push our agenda.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• For some things I blurt out...things that have more to do with kids, or food...stuff that doesn't necessarily pertain to Christianity. I don't always answer Christian questions because I am scared that my words won't come out right. I don't always have the best way of getting my point across, haha.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• And let me add even when people get on our nerves remember always WWJD. I have had my foot in my mouth a few times in the past and its not very comfortable.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 1:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I always try and think hard and carefully before I answer.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I'm with ReneeK3. I'm just keeping my mouth shut for the most part on Religion on CafeMom. I like to haev my church family answer my religious questions. I like conversations better in person. Plus if I didnt ask questions in Sunday School we would have nothing to talk about! And as far as answering them for other people I dont feel I'm equipped with the knowledge of the bible like some of you fine ladies have. So in fear of blurting something out. I'm staying clear of religious questions. I definatly dont want to give the wrong perspective of Christianity. I'm shocked that some people feel the way they do about being a Christian. My husband says I live in my own little bubble...I'm beginning to think he is right.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• It depends on the question. If it is just one of opinion I tend to blurt. If it is one pertaining to doctrines, theology, etc I try to research and really think through my reply. I try to answer with love. I think the most difficult thing in online chatting is the fact you can't see the other persons face, hear their tone, etc. There have been times when I've been upset and read emotions into a thread that the person didn't intend. I can only do my part, I can't control how others see, read, feel. I use to use a lot of emoticons to be sure my emotion in my post was well understood but then I got made fun of a lot for it by the non-believers so I stoped.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• "so people dont get the wrong perspective of Christianity"

I truly do not mean this as rude but I think some people are going to be offended or think bad no matter how something is said. Some people are just like that. They've got a bone to pick and it won't matter how kind or polite you (general you) are to them. They've got their mind made up about Christians and that's it for them. Just being honest.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I normally pray first b4 I answer a question. God will provide the words that will reach and encourage this individual:)
    binarystarr

Answer by binarystarr at 7:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• We can answer the question simply, directly, honestly and compassionately to the best of our ability. We can admit we do not have all the answers and encourage the person to continue to ask and to use as many resources as they find helpful to get their answer.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i just say what i think. i don't worry about how others percieve me. christians have free will and minds of thier own and everyone sees things differently. ask a baptist adn ask a catholic and you get two seperate answers. and just like any religion the extremists will always scare people off. so i just answer the way i was taught. i don't mean to offend anyone but if i do, i can live with that.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2008