i am 39w and 2days i am haveing contractions but they arnt dialatin me any suggestions on how to make them more frequent and stronger!!!

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u could take caster oil but it will prob just make u miserable like it did me.... i took it and it increased my contractions but then they stopped... 2oz of caster oil and about 2-3 oz of OJ or sunny D plug ur nose and chug it its not so bad... oh make sure u mix well... in about 1 1/2 hrs u will have to go to the bath room.. it will clean u out
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i have a friend who was 1 cm for 2 weeks and was in labor the hole time contraction 1 minute apart she ended up a month over due and they wouldnt do anything for her. She eventually had to threaten to sue the hospital and doctor for malpractice if they didnt give her a c-section so they did...
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Walk ~ Walk ~ Walk.

I know it's probably cold out whereever you are... so go to the mall. That's what I did. Walked for 2 days before I was admitted.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• try sex, walking, and things like that. I was at 1 forever with my last two and ended up getting induced. Sometimes the sex and walking works, sometimes it doesnt.

Answer by gemgem at 12:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Get distracted, rest, eat, and drink. And try to ignore them, lol! Your focusing on them can interfere. If you aren't dilating then it's not time, yet. And it will be soon-- knowing that you aren't dilating doesn't help. Your body will do exactly what it needs to~ knowing about your cervix isn't natural.
    Work to prepare for a long & exhausting road ahead (rest, eat, drink).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• OK so this sounds weird but trust me!! My sister was over due so she got an exercise ball and bounced on it for hours...lol..while eating hot cheetos.... it sound weird but she went into labor that night and had the baby the next day!! After that we told a few friends that were also over due and it worked for them too!!! Hope it helps!
    dixieQT

Answer by dixieQT at 1:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• excercise, sex, take a warm bath. good luck!
    ckmom0612

Answer by ckmom0612 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• walking, and i thought i heard somewhere that nipple stimulation may help?!? but i think it had to be done for a while...
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• it has been proven that nothing speeds up contractions except time baby only will come when he or she is ready
    Anonymous