My son is 4 months and 2 weeks old and i am in need to go back to work how to i get him off the breast milk if i am un able to pump??? Please help me.

My son is 4 months and 2 weeks old and i am in need to go back to work, very soon and i need to get my little on off of the breast milk, problem is he wont take a bottle and i have tried every nipple and bottle they sell. Plus i dont know what formula is the best. At times i will get him to take the bottle but as soon as he taste its not formula he spits it out and throws a huge fit untill he cries himself to sleep without eating. I cant pump for some reason it just doesnt work for me. Can anyone give me advice if they have had a similar problem.

jbarkas805

Asked by jbarkas805 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby breastfed for all of 3 days. but i tried so i had yor frustration, only opposite. id say go to a lactation clinic. they might be able to help. and keep trying bottles...maybe start with pacifiers. lactation specialists also have what i think are called nipple shields..they go over the vreast to help inverted nipples, but maybe if your babny gets used to the plastic over YOU, then you can gradually step up to a bottle of breastmilk, and then formula. and dont worry, he WILL learn eventually. some kids are just picky...
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 10:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008