this might be astupid question..BUT HERE GOES!

okay.. i've announced a couple times that i have a cyst.. but here goes..

i have acyst on my left ovary... its 5cm as of right now.. my doc's dont want to do nothing about it.. becuase i dont know why actually but either way its their.. okkay
my question is....

IS IT POSSIBLE TO POP THE CYST WHEN YOU HAVE SEX?

EVERYTIME WE HAVE SEX.. I BLEED, SO I'M WONDERING..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• no, you wont bleed from your cyst when you have sex. I'd look into why your bleeding every time-- a cyst shouldnt do that!
    charding273

Answer by charding273 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I dont know but I would talk to your DR
    ckmom0612

Answer by ckmom0612 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• you are probably bleeding because sex is irritating the cyst. i'm pretty sure if it popped, it wouldn't just be blood-you'd see other fluid too. i'd be careful though, if i were you, if it does pop there is always the risk for infection-especiallly if it popped during sex.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure but if it does pop it will hurt like Hell!!! I had more than one bust before and it is soooooooooo painful! I was in tears and bent over....my DH had to take me to the ER for pain meds it hurt so badly!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• A cyst on your ovary should not do that. See your Doctor for a check up. It is not normal to bleed every time you have sex.

Anonymous

• WELL I JUST SAW MY DOC.. TWICE THIS LAST WEEK ACTUALLY AND THEN I WENT THE ER TWICE ASWELL!
    AND I WAS BLEEDING JUST BCUZ IT WASNT MY PERIOD.. THEY SAID IT WAS THE CYST THAT WAS CAUSING IT.. SO I DONT KNOW I'M A BIT CONFUSED.
    YEAH I KNOW IT HURTS BUT I'D RATHER IT POP THAN HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY I WANT THAT SUCKER OUT!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My doctor said they don't perform any surgery to remove cysts. They will pop on their own. I was glad when mine popped. Because it was a constant pain in my side. Bleeding when having sex, that is a different problem their I would think.

Answer by louise2 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• well, my younger sister had surgery to remove cysts.. i guess when they get to big or they hurt to bad they have to do something... *surgery*

so i guess i shall make another appt for my doc on monday! lol.. i'm pretty sure he's tired of seeing me!

MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009