have they started climbing out of teh crib

so i am very afraid remmi will start climbing out of her crib soon. we have a 2 story house. and i am afraid she will climb out and fall down the stairs without me realizing she got out.she is 11 months old.when did your kids start climbing out

Remmismommy

Asked by Remmismommy at 1:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine started trying when she was about 11 months. There are two problems with a baby or toddler climbing out:
    They might get hurt falling off the crib.
    They might get hurt while loose in the house.

I put in a crib tent to solve both problems. My daughter is 2.5 years, still in her crib, and she loves her crib tent. She has a bed she could sleep in - I'm trying to transition her and I'm giving her the choice of where to sleep - but she always chooses the crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My #3 started doing it around 13 mos. I baby proofed the room and put a gate up during naptime & night time. We also used a baby monitor so we'd hear if he got out. My #4 hasn't climbed out at all & she's 2 years old.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• what are you doing that you wouldn't notice if your kid woke up, climbed out, left their room, and made it to the stairs? do you have a monitor?
    Anonymous

• the stairs are about 5 feel from her room. i have a moniter but some times she wakeds up and plays in her bed . or if im taking a shower or something i will put her in her crib 2 play so i can get ready . i am sure i woudl hear her but i just worrie
    Remmismommy

Answer by Remmismommy at 1:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i agree that a gate at the bedroom door would be a good idea, along with a baby-proofed room. good luck!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• A baby gate or shut the door. Time for a bed if she's getting out of the crib though. It's dangerous if they can climb out.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My daughter is 18 months and still has not tried yet. I would put a baby gate at her door so if she does climb out of her crib she can't get out of her room and go down the stairs....or put a gate at the top of the stairs.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009