Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when my 7yr old sister dosent want to see her father and my mom is threatened to hacve her removed if she dosen't comply?

My sister adamently states that she dosent want to see him, and has good reasons not to. The judge dosent care what she wants (shes too young to make that descion on her own) and her gardian dosent even bother to call and talk to her. My mom dosent want to lose her, but dosent want to force something upon my sister that in the week prior to visitation she has wicked stomach aches, head aches, no appetite, constant crying, etc. Her father dosent care what she thinks, and mom tried to tell him to just take it easy and dont force her but he wont listen.
Its not fair. What do we do??

Answer Question

Asked by MamaMudd7 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Try to get the judge to change his/her mind. What the judge says is law.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • Mom has no choice but to follow the order until it can be changed. It's horrible to watch a kiddo go through this stuff, but like the pp said...what the judge says is law.

    Mom might also concider taking her to a therapist. It'll help her learn ways to cope with the situation, and may help with all the physical side effects she's suffering.

    Answer by desert_diva at 1:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • My son was the same way( I'd get 4-5 calls a night from him throwing up and wanting me to come get him)...we got him into see a therapist(free b/c I'm low income) He was able to say freely WHY he didn't want to go, he worked thru some things about the situation and we went before the judge with the therapist's suggestions and the judge ok'd it.

    Thing is everyone involved should be looking out for what is in the best interest of this little girl(seems you are)

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • You need to get to the bottom of why she doesn't want to go. Therapy would be the best way to go. Then if need be, the therapist would be able to talk to the judge about why your sister should or shouldn't have to go to her dad's house.

    Answer by michelle121003 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • I would suggest you do like a previous poster did and take it to a therapist and have them submit paperwork to the judge along with your sister's pediatrician. Have your mom keep a diary of the events and how your sister acts. I hate to say it but guardian ad litems suck ass and they are not always doing what's best for the kid. They just go with who gives them the least headache. Paper is the only way to do this and if you can't get anything done with that judge see if there is an appeals process with another judge. Only thing is most judges back each other up and they don't like having their rulings overturned. But you do what you have to do

    Answer by sexy_with_5 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • i agree with them therapy is the best way to go

    Answer by nikkicorbett at 5:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.