My 8 1/2 yr old girl has PDD and having big problem nite training her... HELP!

She also cannot even write her own name by herself yet even though she is starting to read... Any suggestions? She is on medication for ADHD and goes to specialized school for her PDD, however, i feel that after 3 years she should be at least writing her name! Teacher says she has no focuS and is extremely distractable and too much into everyone elses' tasks instead of her own. HELP!!

SillyDogz

Asked by SillyDogz at 1:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You have to take your time with her, belive me it not a easy job and at times you my want to pull your hair out. The key is never let her see that you are getting up set wtih the process. The more you stay focus and not listen to people tell you what she can not do and walk in faith know that between you and GOD all things are possible. Just pray and belive that everything get better with time. Prayer changer everything and have faith make it all possible.
    Sassy365

Answer by Sassy365 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2008