Corrective shoes for my 2 yr old.

My daughter's feet turn in when she walks. I was hoping it would correct itself but it hasn't so I've decided to point it out at her doc's appt next month. She doesn't have any trouble walking but she always looks like she's a step away from falling on her face. Has anyone else's child had this problem and what, if anything, did you do to remedy it?

lilmama823

Asked by lilmama823 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i used nike sneakers. i know they are a lot of money for a baby but they are so sturdy that they made my daughters feet straight. she was walking so much better after

marissad

Answer by marissad at 2:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 4:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When I was little I was pigeon toed. My mom put my shoes on the wrong feet to correct it. It worked.
    Anonymous

• My son also has this and has been diagnosed with tibial torsion (the tibia bone in the leg turns inwards) which causes him to appeared pigeon-toed. I guess this is pretty common. We did go to a specialist who x-rayed his legs and diagnosed him with this. Basically, they don't do anything for this except wait for the child's bones to straighten out. Our son's left foot is pretty severe, so that foot might always turn in a little. Definitely discuss it with your doctor and get a referral to an orthopedic specialist. I personally wouldn't put shoes on the wrong feet because that cannot be good for foot development.
    AngieMT28

Answer by AngieMT28 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009