Dry Skin

My baby who is 5 months has such dry skin and I cant figure out what else to do. Its on his face and it looks chapped, he scratches it constantly (making me think it itches) which of course makes it worse and he cuts it open. Its on his forehead, side of his head and by his ears. One part is like poofy red.

I have put baby lotions on it (Aveno and Johnsons), I have tried not to wash him as much, Ive tried diaper rash cream (recommended by the pediatrician when he was only a month old), and put gloves on him.. I just dont know what else to do! Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eucerin cream? Are they sure it isn't eczema?
    Anonymous

• My son has the same thing. Go get some hydrocortazone to put on his face and that should help. I thougt it was chapped but it was Eczema
    heatherplanck

Answer by heatherplanck at 6:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I order lotion my mail and I can use it on myself and my baby. The lotion that I use has been known to help with eczema and psoriasis as well. If you would like to know more, you can contact me. Take care and good luck!
    purecity

Answer by purecity at 11:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2009