Is it ok to wear high heels while pregnant?

XAVI

Asked by XAVI at 1:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• NO WAY. YOUR WOULD WANT TO CUT OFF YOU FEET!
    Anonymous

• You wont be able to wear heels during your pregnancy, cause your feet will get fat so it will be uncomfortable!
    Anonymous

• No. A short, 1" inch heel is OK when absolutely necessary but flats are best. Your doctor can write you a note if your work has a dress code.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my second child I read in..I think it was motherhood magazine, that it was actually good for your back while your pregnant to wear a small 2-3 in heal. I was shocked! You should look it up and see what you can find. I wore heals till I started showing and it began to get uncomfortable wearing them. If you feel good wearing them I dont think there is a law aganist it. Oh yeah make sure any heal you are wearing has good stablity like a wedge heal cause you dont want to be falling around all over the place, when you are pregnant you become very off balance. It was hard for me to stay on my feet in Tennis shoes!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• It's 2008! I wore wedge shoes a lot. I'm very short, 5'3" and my husband is 6'6"! ... so I certaintly not used to walking next to him not wearing heals! At some point, you will notice you simply cannot wear any heals, go with that, you're balance is way off, and you don't want to fall! I stopped at around 8 months lol. Be careful with your ankles. Good luck.
    Alma2kids

Answer by Alma2kids at 4:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I heard that pretty much any thing you did before being pregnant you can do while pregnant, besides the obvious dangerous stuff, as long as you are comfortable.
    beckster_01

Answer by beckster_01 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• you can but why would you want to? i had to at my job and it was painful toward the end.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I wore heels till a few weeks ago. I'm on my feet all day at work and it never bothered me till I got prego. Now I come home with sore feet and throbbing ankles. Heels are a nightmare. I have fallen in love with sandals!
    SnoBunni

Answer by SnoBunni at 12:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2008