Scheduled C section

I'm 27 weeks with Gestational Diabetes. With my first pregnancy, I was induced(because of high blood pressure and GD) and ended up with a C Section. Doc says she will take this baby via C section early because of the diabetes too. Probably at 38 weeks unless my blood pressure skyrockets again it could possibly be sooner. In your ladie's experience, how far along were you when your C section was scheduled?

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My friend had a scheduled C at 38 weeks with no complications.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Though we knew pretty early on that we'd likely be doing a c-section around 37 weeks, the exact date and time was not set until around 35 weeks.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• We discussed the c-section date at my 32 week appointment and I had my c-section at 39 weeks 3 days. They wouldnt let me schedule it any sooner than 39 weeks. But I didnt have any of the complications you described so that was why I couldnt have it done any sooner.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 2:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i was 37weeks and 6 days when our DD was born by a scheduled c-section. had an infection which would have maybe infected my DD with it as well. i didnt want to take the risk. They did it so early because they were afraid i could go into labor and would end up with an emergency c-section.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My doctor wouldn't schedule mine until 39 weeks just to make sure everything was developed well. But 37 weeks, I believe, is considered full term, so it just depends on the doctor and the reason they're doing the C-section.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My first was @40 wks after 40 hrs of labor and forceps with no luck. My 2nd was repeat at 38 wks. my 3rd was @ 37 wks after an amnio to see if the lungs were mature. I have BIG babies. My first born @ 40 wks was 9lbs 11 oz. my 2nd born @ 38 wks was 9lbs. 3 oz. and my 3rd taken @ 37 wks. was 8lbs. 15oz.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 2:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I was due on April 13 and my c section was scheduled a week prior. So 39 weeks.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Would you prefer to have your baby vaginally? Can you wait to see what happens, instead?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I never got to schedule mine...they were going to schedule it at 35 weeks, but I went for my NST at 34 w 3 days and was sent to L&D immediately for Pre-E on top of the hypertension and GD. I delivered 3.5 hours after being admitted.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009