I don't have chicken broth or stock what can I use for substitute

Kayla R.

Asked by Kayla R. at 2:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2012 in Food & Drink

• If you have onions, carrots and celery you can boil it with water and salt and make some veggie stock.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• Do you have any chicken? Put the chicken in a pot to cook (about 20-30 minutes depending on how much chicken you use). you can then use the water from the chicken cooking in the recipe that calls for chicken broth or stock.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• do you have any bouillon cubes...it's salty, so I'd use sparingly. If you make yours from scratch as suggested above (which would be my 1st choice) then also add some thyme, and bay leaves, this gives chicken broth a lot of flavor. I also like to add pepper and garlic powder.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• If not any broth or bullion, increase salt. Make sure a little at a time while you taste to not get too salty.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• Just use water in place of the stock and season it up a bit more than you ordinarily would.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• You can use just plain water.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• Depending on the recipe, you can use water. Just adjust the seasoning. As someone already mentioned, you can make a quick vegetable broth if you have some veggies at hand.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

• boil a bunch of aromatic vegetables (include a couple of cloves of garlic) in water, add a little salt and pepper to taste

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2012

• if you have bullion cubes dissolve them in water and use that
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2012