What do you recommend to prevent/minimize scarring?

My DS is 9 months old. He slipped out of my hands in the bath last Sunday, hit his head and it just split open about an inch wide above the eye lid, below the eye brow. I took him to the ER for stitches and they opted to apply dermabond. It has since rubbed off and I am desperate to do the right thing to keep it for scarring permanently. Any ideas? Vitamin E? Neosporin? Silcone gel pads? Cocoa butter?

SexyBexy

Asked by SexyBexy at 2:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• Maderma at Wal-Mart is really good.
    Anonymous

• Those silicone pads you are talking about work really good too. I buy those at Rite Aid. They come in a silver, shiney box...
    Anonymous

• I second Mederma. They also sell one targeted towards kids. My daughter has scars on her ankles from iceskating that are about a year old and they are fading.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009